In September of 2014, Women Rising radio rode the People’s Climate train coast to coast, with over 200 activists heading to New York City to join the largest climate change march in history.
- Valerie Love, Center for Biological Diversity, No Tar Sands Campaigner
- Penny Opal Plant, Indigenous climate activist
- Lauren Wood, Utah’s Peaceful Uprising co-founder
- Teresa Jimenez, Urban Tithe organizer
- Shannon Biggs, Global Exchange Community Rights program director
- Rosalind Harris, Global Climate Justice Alliance
- Michael Brune, Sierra Club executive director
- Sister Santussika, Tony Sirna, Camille Herrera, Carrie, Riders on the People’s Climate Train
- People’s Climate Train Singers
We need your help to propel Truthout into the new year
As we look toward the new year, we’re well aware of the obstacles that lie in the path to justice. But here at Truthout, we are encouraged and emboldened by the courage of people worldwide working to move us all forward — people like you.
If you haven’t yet made your end-of-year donation to support our work, this is the perfect moment to do so: Our year-end fundraising drive is happening now, and we must raise $150,000 by the end of December.
Will you stand up for truly independent, honest journalism by making a contribution in the amount that’s right for you? It only takes a few seconds to donate by card, Apple Pay, Google Pay, PayPal, or Venmo — we even accept donations of cryptocurrency and stock! Just click the red button below.