Don’t Let Them See You Bleed: PERIOD examines the feminist movement through the lens of period activism. We will look at aspects of women’s health and social justice that are often overlooked – From period stigma to the unfair tax on feminine hygiene products and the fight to regulate and disclose ingredients in tampons and maxi pads. We’ll hear from activists, researchers, and intellectuals who are challenging the attitudes and policies that negatively impact women on a daily basis.
Special thanks to KUFM Missoula, Montana and Beth Anne, Austein for recording assistance.
Like this program? Please show us the love. Click here and support our non-profit journalism. Thanks!
- Aida Salazar, Activist, author of The Moon Within
- Nolwen Cifuentes, Artist/Activist
- Alexandra Gorman Scranton, Director of Science and Research at Women’s Voices for the Earth
- Laura Coryton, British campaigner, feminist activist
- Jennifer Weiss-Wolf, vice president for development at the Brennan Center for Justice
- Tina Leslie, founder of Freedom 4 Girls
- Brentin Davis – Chasin Dem Bucks
- Marco Castelli – Martina & The Air Plan
- Audiobanger – The Garden State
- Borretex – Over Again
Briefly, we wanted to update you on where Truthout stands this month.
To be brutally honest, Truthout is behind on our fundraising goals for the year. There are a lot of reasons why. We’re dealing with broad trends in our industry, trends that have led publications like Vice, BuzzFeed, and National Geographic to make painful cuts. Everyone is feeling the squeeze of inflation. And despite its lasting importance, news readership is declining.
To ensure we stay out of the red by the end of the year, we have a long way to go. Our future is threatened.
We’ve stayed online over two decades thanks to the support of our readers. Because you believe in the power of our work, share our transformative stories, and give to keep us going strong, we know we can make it through this tough moment.
At this moment, we have 72 hours left in our important fundraising campaign, and we still must raise $31,000. Please consider making a donation today.