2010 Labor Notes Conference
Friday, April 23, 1:00 PM
Hyatt Regency Dearborn, 600 Town Center Drive, Dearborn, Michigan, USA 48126-2793
Rub shoulders, shake hands and share strategies with other committed workplace and labor activists from around the world at the April 23-25 Labor Notes conference in Detroit, Michigan.
To learn more and register for the conference, click here. Early workshops and meetings begin 1 p.m. Friday, April 23, with opening session at 7 p.m. Closing session is 3 p.m. Sunday, April 25.
What’s happening at the conference? With more than 100 workshops and meetings during the three-day conference, this list is just a teaser…
* Bargaining during tough times
* Understanding the economic crisis (it’s not just greedy bankers)
* Contract campaigns
* Public sector fight-backs
* Facing trusteeships and top-down union campaigns
* What’s next after labor’s fight for EFCA and health care reform?
* Understanding and defending pensions
* Building lasting labor-community partnerships
* Pitfalls of neutrality agreements and top-down organizing deals
* Fresh strategies for single-payer health care
* Organizing with health and safety
* Member-led organizing drives
Again, all conference details and online registration are available here.