In this interview with Professor of Economics Emeritus (University of Massachusetts), Marxist economist and founder of Democracy at Work, Richard D. Wolff, we talk to him about bankruptcy protection, debt jubilee, students debt and the function that a credit system serves in our society today.
- Why are individuals guaranteed bankruptcy protection and nation states aren’t?
- What is debt jubilee? What relevance does debt jubilee have in today’s day and age?
- Why are students and working class people taking on more and more debt?
- Why are students particularly vulnerable to predatory lending?
- Are banks using debt as a mechanism of control?