A call for passing the California Bill of Rights for domestic workers.
San Francisco – A coalition of domestic workers’ and other low wage workers’ organizations celebrated Women’s Day on March 8, and launched an effort to get the state of California to pass a bill of rights for domestic workers.
The California Domestic Worker Bill of Rights would provide domestic workers with:
- Equal overtime pay.
- Equal right to a safe and healthy workplace.
- Equal right to worker’s compensation.
- Equal right to reporting time pay.
- Equal right to notice before termination.
- Right to 5 hours uninterrupted sleep under adequate conditions.
- Right to cook one’s own food.
- Right to annual cost of living wage increase.
- Right to paid vacations.
- Right to paid sick days.