Renowned Indian author Arundhati Roy says her country’s government has declared war on its own people. Her outspokenness earned her an invitation to spend time with Maoist rebels. On this edition, Arundhati Roy takes us into the jungles of India, as she reads excerpts from her new book ‘Walking with the Comrades’.
Special thanks to the Center for Place Culture and Politics at the City University of New York’s Graduate Center.
Arundhati Roy, author of “The God of Small Things” and “Walking with the Comrades”
For More Information:
- We– Featuring the words of Arundhati Roy
- Walking With the Comrades
- Arundhati Roy in the Guardian
- Center for Place Culture and Politics at the CUNY Graduate Center
- The Committee on Globalization and Social Change
- South Asian Terrorism Portal-Status Paper on the Naxal Problem
- Naxalite Maoist India
- Walking With the Comrades-the Essay that Inspired the Book
- IN THE NAME OF MAO-INDIA PICKS UP THE SLAUGHTER
- Financial Times on Arundhati Roy
- Khandit Nayaka by Nucleya