Victims and perpetrators sitting down face to face…it can help heal their wounds, and our society. Incarcerating our way out of crime clearly hasn’t worked, and it’s costing us billions. Meanwhile, school suspensions are reaching record highs.
Now, Institutions across US are finally starting to consider problem solving methods other than punishment. Restorative justice is gaining ground–in the schools, and behind bars.
- Paul Jacobsen, Rosa Parks elementary school principal
- Mekaylah Porter, Marilyn, Rosa Parks elementary students
- Yari Sandel, restorative justice coordinator
- Helen Parker, San Francisco’s restorative practices department coach
- Sonya Shah, Insight Prison Project Justice Program Director
- Nancy Potts, mother of son killed by drunk driver
- Chris Scezech, drunk driver
- Radha Stern, mother of murder victim
- Sam Johnson, San Quentin prison inmate