At Truthout, 89% of our funding comes from individual donors. Distribution is a major factor in our ability to fundraise — as the more people we reach the more opportunities we have to convince people to support our work. One of the best ways you can support us is by encouraging others to join you. Here are a few simple but effective ways to connect us with your community:
Start a Facebook Fundraiser
Running a Facebook fundraiser helps expose Truthout to your community and gives them a chance to support a cause you believe in. Facebook doesn’t take a cut and they’ve made it really easy to set a campaign up.
Select “Raise Money” then “Select Nonprofit” then search for Truthout.
2. Add a title and some text or keep the text we’ve provided.
3. Add an image.
Facebook will load some images we’ve recently used on our page. If you like the one at the top then just click “create” and you’re done. If you’d prefer a different image you can scroll down and select one or upload your own.
4. You’ve created a fundraiser for Truthout on Facebook! Here are a few tips to help you reach your goal:
- Invite your friends to donate.
- Post the fundraiser on your page every few days to keep people engaged.
- Ask your friends to share your fundraiser.
- Send us a note at [email protected] if you have any questions.
Help us Make Connections
If you have connections with potential large donors or foundations you think might be interested in funding Truthout we’d love to hear from you. Send us a note at [email protected] to start the conversation.